Tuesday, July 15, 2014

C4Tp #4

In her blog, The Possibilities of Student Blogging, Ms. Tolisano shares a video with us about the many opportunities blogging can bring for students. She talks about "guad blogging", which is where she spends four weeks with her students blogging and then another four weeks of them commenting on other students blogs around the world. The students in the video talk about how much they love doing quad blogging because it has improved their writing skills, and also because they find it awesome when someone from the other wide of the world comments on their blog.

In my comment back to Ms. Tolisano, I told her how much I liked the idea of quad blogging (definitely something I will use). I would love to see how my high school students would react to someone from another country commenting on their blog.

Around the world


Ms. Tolisano wrote a short blog titled, Building Good C.U.L.T.U.R.E. In this blog, she shared with us a great example of the results of effective collaborative networking. She was asked on Twitter to do a sketch for the acronym C.U.L.T.U.R.E. You can see her sketch below:

C.U.L.T.U.R.E.


In my response to this blog, I told Ms. Tolisano how much I loved how her blog was such a great example of successful networking. I also mentioned how creative the acronym is. I am going to have to put it on a wall somewhere in my future classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment